Friday 23 November 2012

Quick Asparagus supper


Reduced asparagus cannot be walked past in the store! Asparagus is so yummy even cats try to steal it from you, and reduced down to 50p a bunch my head was spinning in delight.
Having turned my back to light the oven I had to wrestle a few stalks back from Lola, which wasn't difficult as I had the advantage of thumbs. After washing and giving Lola a stern look I snapped off the woody ends leaving nice tender tips.
The next step was to make a rosemary drizzle; pouring oil, some salt and dried rosemary into a pestle and grinding away. After a few minutes I added about a teaspoon of sugar, a swish of white vinegar and a dash of soya milk and tahini. Mixed together thoroughly I sparingly drizzled over the asparagus tips.
Into the oven went the asparagus on gas mark 6 until tender and a little bit crispy.
I served over some fried mushrooms cooked with a bit of paprika and garlic and toast.
This is also a great starter on its own or with croutons or topping a jacket sweet potato with houmous.
A gourmet bargain supper, just missing the wine!
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

1 comment:

  1. Disclaimer: No animal's or asparagus tips were injured in the making of this supper

    ReplyDelete